Saturday, November 1, 2008

A THANKFUL HEART

Over the past few years, how many gifts have you sent for weddings, the arrival of new babies, birthdays and graduations? Did you receive a thank you note from each person you remembered? When the receiver of your gift didn’t acknowledge your thoughtfulness, how did you feel?

God, our heavenly Father, sends us gifts each day of our lives. We awake . . . our hearts are still beating . . . we are able to get out of bed . . . there is food to eat . . . . Do we acknowledge His thoughtfulness to us? Do we thank Him? May we meet His gifts with thankful hearts.

I will give to the Lord the thanks due to His righteousness and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High. Psalm 7:17

Heavenly Father, please forgive me for taking Your love for granted so often. I thank You for all that You share with me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: