Saturday, November 8, 2008

LETTERBOXING


Do you know about Letterboxing? I just recently was introduced to it. Here is how it works: Go on-line to the Letterboxing site, find an area in your part of the world where you would like to search for a hidden treasure. Print off the directions which will aid you in your search. Get ready and go.

If you are fortunate, you will find the treasure you search for and you will be so excited.

Usually the treasure you seek is in a weather-proof container with a log book within where you can briefly sign your name and date, proving that you were there. As an added bonus, within the container are treasures for which you can trade. You place an object which belongs to you within the capsule and you may take something as a trade.

This scenario reminds me of our search for God - the true treasure. How do we find this treasure? By seeking Him earnestly. What does God promise if we search for Him?

“If you look for me in earnest, you will find Me when you seek Me. I will be found by you, says the Lord.” Jeremiah 29:13

When we find Him who is the treasure, we also are privileged to make an exchange. I give Him my life, He gives me His life.

Of course,we must continue to seek Him daily no matter if we have once found Him or not. He keeps moving forward. We must continue moving forward with Him.

Heavenly Father, please place within me the desire to earnestly seek You every day of my life. In Jesus’ name. Amen

No comments: