Thursday, November 6, 2008

PREPARED

Some friends were facing a difficult stretch of time ahead. The husband was to have life-saving surgery. His wife and three children would be at his bedside until he was up and about.

Our hearts cried out to God for His help to them. As we prayed, one thought kept returning to me again and again - God had thoroughly prepared them!

Through all of the previous years of seemingly less serious illnesses and injuries in their family, God had been training and teaching them for the role each would now play out for their dear one.

God has prepared us, too, if there is ever a need. We can rest, knowing that. We are ready. . . by His grace.

Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Heavenly Father, I thank You that nothing can touch me for which You haven’t prepared me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: