Tuesday, November 25, 2008

MORNING AND EVENING THOUGHTS

When you wake up in the morning, what do you find yourself thinking about?

- Your impossibly long to-do list for the day?
- The irritation of the neighbor’s barking dog?
- An out of control co-worker?
- Your child’s recurring ear infection and mounting doctor’s bills?
- The need for new tires on the car?

When you fall into bed at night, where are your thoughts?

- Still on that frustrating meeting you attended?
- Brooding over a friend’s neglect?
- Upset over the world situation as seen on evening news?
- Concerned for a special project to be completed the next day?

What does it say in Scripture about where our thoughts should be in the morning and evening?

Psalm 92:2 says: It is good to proclaim Your unfailing love in the morning, Your faithfulness in the evening . . . You thrill me, Lord, with all You have done for me! I sing for joy because of what You have done.

Heavenly Father, beginning today, please fill my mornings with proclamations of Your unfailing love and my evenings with songs of Your faithfulness to me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: