Monday, November 10, 2008

TAKE MY YOKE



The training of an ox for farm work is begun at an early age. When still young, a yoke is fitted to the ox’s shoulders and he begins service to his master. As the ox grows, a larger yoke is made and fitted perfectly to his changing stature and his ability to pull increasingly heavy loads.

Our heavenly Father desires to have us in His service, to be co-laborers with Him. He expects us to do what we are able to do. The yoke of service which He places on our shoulders is fitted perfectly to our capabilities. As we are co-workers with Him, He shares the load and gives rest to our souls.

Is your yoke in place? Can God consider you to be a co-laborer with Him in the fields He chooses? I hope so!

Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28

Heavenly Father, thank You for each responsibility You have placed upon my shoulders. I know that each is measured and fitted perfectly according to my capability in You. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: