Monday, December 1, 2008

LAUGHTER

On my daily walk in the midst of winter, I began to laugh as the ice crystals pelted my face. The wind was howling across the open fields. The road was slick and treacherous with ice. I found myself laughing in glee, wondering how much worse it was going to become through the remaining days of winter.

When times are difficult, we think we will never laugh at the days ahead. Our tendency is to fret and stew. It’s amazing how the Proverbs 31 woman could laugh at the future. Surely she must have known that the days to come would probably bring laughter as well as tears. How could she laugh, knowing that she would probably experience some heartache in life?

She must have known God is a loving God. One who would clothe her in strength as she needed it! We can be sure of it!

Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come. Proverbs 31:25

Heavenly Father, please clothe me with all the courage I need. Help me to
joyfully look forward to Your kindness and provision day by day. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments: