Thursday, December 4, 2008

KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN


My daughter and I made a rare visit to a clothing shop to find something to wear for a wedding. As we were looking through the racks of dresses, a petite woman in her 80s asked us where she could find her size. Thankfully, we had just come from that department so we could direct her.

Later, as my daughter and I were leaving the store, we noticed that same lady looking around the parking lot for her car. We asked if she needed help but she declined. My daughter and I found our car and headed home, not knowing if that lady had ever found her car or not.

Looking back at the situation, I wish we had waited a moment before driving away. I wish we had watched to see if the woman had really found her car. It was a missed opportunity to do good.

. . . be ready for any good work. Titus 3:1

Heavenly Father, please open my eyes to see opportunities to do good to others. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: