Friday, December 19, 2008
GETTING TO KNOW WHAT GOD WANTS IN YOUR LIFE
As you face a daily decision, a life changing decision or a career decision, have you ever wondered what is the BEST plan for your life, the BEST decision to make in a given situation?
Did you know that God has the BEST plan already laid out for our lives?
"For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11
It is our responsibility to go to Him, to find out what that plan is . . . and then to walk in it. How do we do that?
1. Go to His Word - search the Scriptures for His Word to you in black and white. It’s His living Word, able to meet every need and question you may have.
“All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction and for training in righteousness so that everyone who belongs to God may be proficient, equipped for every good work.” II Timothy 3:16-17
“Indeed, the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing until it divides soul from spirit . . . it is able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.”
2. Listen to His still, small voice in your spirit. He longs to talk with you!
“If any of you is lacking in wisdom, ask God, who gives to all generously and ungrudgingly . . . .” James 1:5
3. Look at your circumstances. God has taken tremendous effort to align everything in the universe for you - for just this decision.
God is interested in every detail of your life!
4. Seek Godly counsel from others. As you listen to counsel and do the above, make sure the counsel agrees with the Scriptures, that it glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ (I John 4:1-3), that the fruit produced is good fruit (Matthew 7:15-20 and Galatians 5:22-23). Then ascertain if the decision you make will bring you freedom or bondage (II Corinthians 3:17).
5. Determine if this bring peace.
“. . . the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” Phil 4:7.
When all five of these indicators line up, you will have a good indication of God's BEST for you. Then move ahead in confidence, with hearts open to His directing you differently while you walk ahead.
May our prayer be:
"Show me the path where I should walk, O Lord;
point out the right road for me to follow.
Lead me by Your truth and teach me,
for You are the God who saves me.
All day long I put my hope in You."