Saturday, December 20, 2008

IMPRESSIONS

When the snow began to fly, two of my daughter’s friends came to our home and visited for the afternoon. We took them on an outing to friends’ farm. After an enjoyable time visiting Prince, the Belgian draft horse, newborn lambs, goats which ate our coats, peacocks and chickens, we arrived home, ready for some indoors time and homemade pizza. Because farm mud and dirt aren’t welcome inside any home, I encouraged the girls to walk around in the pure white snow to clean off their shoes.

My daughter and her friends romped in the yard, making fun impressions in the new snow. For days afterward, even though our friends were gone, we enjoyed the impressions left by them. Just seeing those impressions brought smiles to our lips.

I wonder what kind of impression I leave behind? Is it an impression that points to God?

But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumph, and through us spreads the fragrance of

the knowledge of Him everywhere. II Corinthians 2:15

Heavenly Father, please teach me how to leave Your impression wherever I go - especially in my own home. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: