Wednesday, December 31, 2008

FINISH WELL

Walking, we know is good for our health. Well, so they say.

Years ago the last eighth of a mile of my mile walk was up hill. Some days, when it was hot and humid in summer or bitterly cold in winter, that incline seemed straight upward, impossible to navigate.

Some days I would seem to breeze right on to the top . . . and home. On the other days, I would find myself looking at the hill with sheer determination. I wanted to finish the walk and finish it at a good, steady pace.

We, as children of the King, should also feel determined about our walk along the paths God has given us. It should be our heart’s desire to finish well so that at the end we may hear, “Well done, thou good and faithful servant.” Matthew 25:23

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith. Hebrews 12:1

Heavenly Father, please help me finish well to Your glory! In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: