Monday, December 15, 2008

GOING SOMEPLACE

I left the bitterly cold wind and snow outside deciding to do my daily walk in the mall. Before the stores opened, imagine my surprise to find the mall filled with walkers. They came in all shapes and sizes, male and female, young and older. Dressed in all sort of clothing from sweatshirts to more dressy attire, there was one thing they had in common - sturdy walking shoes.

As I went up the escalator to the upper level, I had a bird’s eye view. A multitude of walkers were marching steadily onward. Yet, they weren’t really going anywhere. Yes, they were putting in their time, adding step upon step toward better health but they had no other destination other than walking a set path, around and around.

How careful we must be not to let our lives fall into a similar pattern - walking steadily onward without a purpose or destination. May we know that where we are going is directed by God and that He, Himself is our destination . . . for an eternity.

For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in His steps. I Peter 2:21

Heavenly Father, please prevent me from walking aimlessly without Your purposes for me in mind. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: