Friday, April 24, 2009

PRUNED !


In the spring I found some poor bedraggled miniature rosebushes on sale - $.25 each. How could I resist? Home they came!

As the weather warmed and the forsythia began to bloom, I knew it was time - to prune and plant. Out came my pruning scissors and I set to work, ridding those sad-looking plants of diseased and dying branches.

It was a severe pruning, to be sure. Next, in the ground they went with the hope that they would grow well - strong and healthy, yielding multitudes of miniature roses throughout their season.

As I watched for the next few weeks, I saw that some rosebushes already had some lush growth. Other rosebushes, however, began to die. Each had received the same pruning - the difference was in the healthiness of their root system.

May I ask - when God prunes your life by removing those things which separate you from Him, how are your roots? Are you rooted in Jesus? May God’s pruning result in fresh new life in each of us!

...that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in Love, may have the power to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with the fullness of God.
Ephesians 3:17-19

Master Pruner . . . do Your work in my life today . . . and tomorrow and in future days until You return for me, please! In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: