Thursday, April 30, 2009

BE STILL


Two phone calls came into the house. One came mid-morning and another in the afternoon. The same person left a hurried message for us to return her call. She only gave her name and phone number, no other information. We were unsure what or who, exactly, she wanted.

Eventually we were able to reach her. Unexpectedly, the woman started firing off questions: “Who are you?’ “Why are you calling me back?” Then she began listing all of the places she’d called that day and asked how was she expected to know why we were calling her back.

What a frustrating conversation that was! Not only for us but for her. From one contact with her, we could sense her frazzled, frustrated day.

Oh, how important it is to be still often throughout the day. If we will turn to the Lord for His quietness of manner, we will never find ourselves stressed . . . frustrated. . . angry and without direction.

Be still, and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

Heavenly Father, when I find myself in a whirlwind of activity, please remind me to be still. Please calm my thoughts and activities as I listen to Your still, small voice. In Jesus’ name. amen.

No comments: