Wednesday, April 1, 2009

IT IS I

My family and I loved our home. For nine years we had considered our rented home as our own. It was old but beautiful to our eyes. The oak flooring gleamed. The wide front porch welcomed guests. The owner, too, acted as if it were ours, allowing us to paint and wallpaper to our hearts’ content. Although located on a main thoroughfare, there was a country feel with the tall maples surrounding the house and the expansive backyard.

We knew that our house was located in a prime commercial location but surmised it would be years before we would be faced with vacating.

One day in March, we were informed that our beloved home was to be bulldozed in 30 days. After a gasp, tears flowed. Then the comforting voice of the Lord spoke clearly to me, “It is I.”

Just like the disciples in the boat on the stormy waters, the waves of circumstances threatened to dash us on the rocks of despair. Jesus’ voice came immediately just like His voice came to them. He was there with them, He was there with us and because of that fact, we were to have no fear.

But immediately he spoke to them saying, “Take heart, it is I; have no fear.”
Matthew 14:27

Heavenly Father, in the midst of difficulties, please help me to hear Your voice clearly. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: