Thursday, April 16, 2009

SHADE


The temperatures had gone from the chilly 40s into the upper 80s. This particular spring there didn’t seem to be the usual gradual rising of temperatures which would allow our bodies to acclimate themselves to the sudden change.

I set out for our daily walk down our country road. The sun beat down on fields, asphalt and on me. It was hot!

Suddenly I noticed that I was in the shade, in the shadow of clouds blocking the sun. As I moved ahead, so did the shade. Oh, what a special moment it was as I felt like the apple of God’s eye - personally protected under the shadow of His wings.

No, life isn’t always filled with times of walking in the cool comfort of the shade on a hot day. Some days are full of heavy burdens and hot tears. Especially during those times, let’s take a lesson from the psalmist asking to be special in God’s eyes, asking for His protection.

Heavenly Father, please “keep me as the apple of Thy eye; hide me in the shadow of Thy wings." Psalm 17:8 In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: