Wednesday, March 18, 2009

SUBMISSION TO GOD

Our cat, Chassis, was headed to the vet for a surgical procedure. Oh, how we dreaded it! She wouldn’t be allowed to have food or water after 8 p.m. the night before the surgery. We hated to think of how she would act in the morning, not understanding why we weren’t feeding her, quenching her thirst or allowing her to go outside.

In the morning as we arose to get ready for our visit to the vet, we were utterly surprised. Yes, Chassis let us know that she would like to be fed, but it wasn’t with a loud voice and a continual pacing. She quietly spoke, then patiently sat in the kitchen, waiting. There were no loud demands, no whining. She accepted our word “No, we are sorry”.

Oh, what a lesson can be seen here! How often, when the Lord says “no” to one of our requests, do we begin to pace inwardly, expressing our dislike of the situation in a loud, whining voice. May we learn how to patiently accept God’s “no” answers.

Submit yourself therefore to God. James 4:7

Heavenly Father, forgive me for my loud protests, my pacing back and forth, my attempts to change Your mind when you tell me “No” . . . . Help me to submit to Your will - I know Your choices for me are for my good. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: