Wednesday, March 25, 2009

HONEY DO LISTS


Imagine this: Once upon a time there was a man who worked hard at his job. When he arrived home each night, standing nearby was his wife with her honey-do list in hand. Anything she wanted done, she added to the list. She never seemed to talk or listen to her husband, only handed him the daily “honey do list,” expecting him to fulfill her every wish.

Have you ever gone to God with an endless “honey-do list”? Perhaps your list is so long that you don’t even have time to greet Him or to listen to what He has to say to you that day. That list just keeps getting in the way. Perhaps it’s time to put the “honey-dos” away, greet God and listen to what He has to say to your heart.

How precious to me are Thy thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them. Psalm 139:17

Heavenly Father, please help me to be sensitive to You. Remind me not to just present my “list” and run about doing my own thing. Help me to truly converse with You and to listen! In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: