Monday, March 2, 2009

PASTURE CARE



The pasture fence line was checked carefully. Any gaps or holes were re-wired. Woodchuck holes were filled in. Rocks were moved. Poisonous plants were cut down, dug up and carted away. Our sheep were to be moved into their new pasture soon. All must be thoroughly readied for their arrival. Proper care of our woolly friends would yield healthy lambs and thick fleeces.

As my daughter and I were walking the fence line inspecting every square inch, I thought of our Good Shepherd and how, under His watchful eyes, all of life’s circumstances are readied for us before we even walk through them. Then, to our delight, we find the Good Shepherd nearby each day, guiding and leading us.

Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do His will, working in you that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Hebrews 13:20-21

Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your watchfulness over my path before I even walk it. Please help me to see more clearly Your kind care for me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: