Wednesday, March 4, 2009

IT'S OK


How do I react when the Lord sends adversity my way?

Do I fuss and fume and stomp my spiritual foot? When the weather is below zero and the car won’t start, do I grumble at Mother Nature, forgetting to stop and enjoy the crystals sparkling in the air, realizing that Mother Nature is God himself?

When the snow is knee deep, the car gets stuck and we have to dig our way out, do we rebel against our circumstances and wish ourselves back in bed? When the kitchen plumbing backs up, do we boil over in anger?

Don’t we see that both come from the hand of God - the good days and the difficult? How long will it take to learn to thank Him for both and when the difficulties come, to bow our hearts and souls before the Lord, accept it, say, “It’s OK,” and wait for His direction out of the difficulties?

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God that in due time he may exalt you.
I Peter 5:6

Heavenly Father, please give me the grace to say, "It's OK" and bow my heart and will to You no matter what comes my way. In Jesus name. Amen

No comments: