Tuesday, March 24, 2009

STEPS AND MIS-STEPS


Have you ever noticed that sometimes you are expected to do things you know you shouldn’t be involved in - yet there is no way out?

This scenario happened to my daughter recently: A friend asked her to do some running around town the following day, finding items for a project. My daughter knew that all of the dashing around would be futile since the timing for the project was off. It was difficult for her to be involved in something which she knew would end in nothing.

The next day, because sore throats, fevers and chills were going around, it seemed to be my daughter's turn to become ill. She was sorry to be sick but so thankful to be unable to help with the project that day.

As I think back, I remember times such as this. Sometimes an illness would prevent me from being where I shouldn’t be. Other times the entire scenario would dry up and blow away into nothingness.

The key seems to be the willingness to do what is asked of us, yet prayerfully asking the Lord to bring the situation into line with His will for us day by day.

A man’s mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps. Proverbs 16:9

Heavenly Father, please guide my steps day by day. If I am headed in a direction which is not Your plan for me, please step in to prevent any mis-steps for I desire to please You. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: