Friday, March 20, 2009

COOPERATE WITH GOD

Recently Ella had a serious health problem which necessitated a strict diet over an extended period of time if she was to regain her health.

At first she couldn’t believe that she would have to be so careful about every morsel she ate. She found myself wanting to rebel. Eventually, as she sensed the Lord urging her to cooperate, she found myself saying, “Thy will be done!”

Yes, the Lord could have reached down and immediately healed her. She felt, however, that He was calling her to cooperate. If she would follow the guidelines given by the doctor, she would be on the road to better health. Perhaps not a total recovery, but better health.

Where will it end? She doesn’t yet know. She does know, however, that as she continues to cooperate and say “Thy will be done”, she can let the results rest in God’s kind hands.

I wonder in what areas of your life God is urging you to cooperate with Him?

Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Matthew 6:10

Heavenly Father, thank You that I can live in cooperation with You. Please open my heart to hear You speak to me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: