Saturday, August 29, 2009

HEAL US, O LORD !

When my daughter had her four wisdom surgically teeth removed, I found myself asking the Lord to help her in the healing process. For the first couple of days after the surgery, her mouth was painful. Thus, she had difficulty eating. Her face was swollen. The possibility of infection loomed. Thus, asking the Lord to aid in her healing process became my plea day and night.

As I was asking the Lord to heal HER, I found myself asking that God would heal ME!
My heart longed to be as spiritually healthy as possible in my walk with God on a day to day basis - living closely with Him, listening to His voice, obeying His directions. In this world of sin and darkness, our spiritual health is of utmost importance. May we ask God to heal US!

Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved; for Thou art my praise. Jeremiah 17:14

Heavenly Father, please show me how to be spiritually healthy from the inside out. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: