Thursday, August 13, 2009

KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE


On my walk each day, I find it a pleasure to note which wildflowers are in bloom. Toward the middle of August, I am usually thrilled to see an abundance of purplish-pink flowers growing by the lake. They are quite striking in appearance. Every day when I’d pass by, I would be amazed at their beauty.

One day, when the stalks of brilliant blooms should have been at their peak of loveliness, the entire area had been mowed down. Our neighbors hadn’t known what treasures they had growing at their very door step.

We are like that at times, failing to recognize God’s treasures which surround us. These treasures can come in many forms - family members, dear friends, even difficult circumstances. How easy it is to mow our treasures down with our busyness or our neglect.

May we see what God has bestowed upon us. May we grow to see and appreciate each and every one.

The Kingdom of Heaven is like a treasure that a man discovered hidden in a field. In his excitement, he hid it again and sold everything he owned to get enough money to buy the field - and to get the treasure, too. Matthew 13:44


Heavenly Father, please forgive me for not seeing the many treasures You have sent into my life, including Yourself. Please give me a heart to see. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: