Friday, August 7, 2009

A PLACE APART


The food mixer was whirring. My daughter way playing a silly CD while cooking. My son was in and out with questions and comments as he prepared to leave for the day. In our funny little house there is no place where a person could find a quiet place apart. Each room is connected to another. Each person’s noise is heard by everyone else. When I long for a quiet moment with God, what can I do?

Jesus lived in a busy world, too, with people clamoring for his attention constantly. Yet He often withdrew physically to a place apart where He and His heavenly Father could communicate. He also was continually connected with the Father in that still place in His heart.

Let us do the same! We can meet with God at any moment no matter what our
outward circumstances. Sometimes we can physically draw apart to a quiet place. If we cannot do that, we can always communicate with God in the stillness of our hearts.

Now when Jesus heard this, he withdrew from there in a boat to a lonely place apart.
Matthew 14:13

Heavenly Father, I thank You that, no matter what is gong on, there is always a place apart in my heart where I can communicate with You. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: