Tuesday, August 18, 2009

IN TRAINING

Friends of ours became interested in traveling Route 66 . . . on their motorcycles. A professional couple, he a firefighter and she a hospital lab worker, had taken short jaunts on their motorcycles. Bit by bit, year after year, they traveled for longer periods of time, covering more miles than previously driven. It was like they were in training.

Last year they were ready to go the distance - all the way via Route 66 to California. They did it! They have pictures to prove it. Yet it took the gradual building up of their endurance. of muscle power and driving experience to feel confident enough to even attempt the trip.

We, too, are in training. God, in His wisdom, is training us for longer jaunts of service. He is building our character and endurance. He knows the road ahead and is fully confident that if we place ourselves in His hands for training, we will make it all the way Home.

Blessed be the Lord, my rock who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle . . . .
Psalm 144:1

Yea, by Thee I can crush a troop; and by my God I can leap over a wall. Psalm 18:29

Heavenly Father, I thank You that You know the pathway Home and that You are training me to walk it surely and steadily with You to reach the end victoriously. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: