Thursday, August 6, 2009

SHE HELD SECRETS

She acted as if she had a delightful secret . . . that only she and I shared.

It was serious business going to the grocery store that particular day. My family had just begun a healthier eating style. My grocery list seemed long and complex as I searched the aisles for the illusive oat flour and whole grain products.

Suddenly, there she was. Only a baby, really, sitting in her mom’s grocery cart. Her blue eyes twinkled. Since I love to gaze into the faces of young children, I briefly smiled at her.

The response was magical. It was as if she knew me and, without words, drew me into her delight as her whole body reacted in joy.

I wondered - what heavenly secrets did she know? Scripture tells us that children are constantly beholding the face of God. Did she want to remind me of how joyous it is being in the Presence of God?

Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Jesus in Matthew 18:3

Heavenly Father, thank You for moments of delight. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: