Sunday, September 14, 2008

WHAT ARE YOU KNOWN FOR?

We have a friend who grows the best sweet corn in his garden. Maybe its the best in the county . . . the state . . . maybe even the world. It is THAT good.

Each September we look forward to our friend offering us a portion of his bounty - a brown grocery sack full to overflowing with corn on the cob. The kernels are so tender, so sweet, one can just imagine that is how heaven will taste.

Our friend, Frank, is an expert gardener. Throughout his 70 plus years, he has experimented with various types of seeds to yield the most delicious corn in his particular garden space. Frank, a follower of Jesus, is known far and wide for his excellent corn, bringing glory to God because of it.

Maybe we should ask ourselves - what is it I do which is special, which sets me apart, that I may live to the glory of God?

Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to Thy name give glory. Psalm 115:1

Heavenly Father, You created me as a unique being - please reveal to me how I can glorify Your name through that uniqueness. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: