Thursday, September 18, 2008

PRAYER KNOW-HOW

Isn’t is marvelous that we don’t have to experience every difficult circumstance possible in this world in order to pray for others’ needs?

A friend’s husband recently went home to be with the Lord. Not ever having had to experience that particular grief, I could only imagine what she was experiencing as she made preparations for a funeral service.

Another friend was scheduled for angioplasty. Having never experienced that particular procedure, I could only imagine what fears she must be experiencing.

Other friends were having a daughter leave home to be married. I had never experienced that situation either. I could only the imagine that, too.

Yet, because God’s Spirit dwells within us, He can reveal how, specifically, we can pray for our friends and our world.

. . . for we do not know how to pray as we ought but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with sighs too deep for words. Romans 8:26

Heavenly Father, please open my heart to the needs of others. Then please show me how to pray for them. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: