Tuesday, September 16, 2008

TURN TOWARD THE LIGHT

The sunflowers in my garden space were beauties. The flower heads were huge. Every day, many times throughout the day, I would often visit them. I marveled at how they not only stood so tall, but they would turn their faces toward the sun - even on cloudy days. They seemed to recognize the very source of their lives, basking in the light.

May we join with all creation as we, too, recognize the source of our life - God Himself. Even on days in our lives which seem cloudy due to difficult circumstances, may we turn toward the source of Life and Light - God our Father. Let’s bask in His kind care of us, His people.

“I am the light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” Jesus in John 8:12

Heavenly Father, I thank You for the Light you shed into my life. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: