Monday, September 1, 2008

REACTIONS


How will we react when the limitations of our growing older creep up on us? Will we rebel and complain about the slower pace, the creaky joints, of the unwelcome aches and pains? Or will we use our trouble as a refining influence in our lives?

If we look at ourselves and how we handle adversity now, we will have a clue as to how we will probably handle adversity later in our lives. If we grumble and complain at every difficulty which crosses our path, we will probably grumble and complain in future years.

If we, however, meet difficulties relying and trusting in the goodness of God, thanking Him for all that comes about, we will be strengthening our characters, ready for whatever comes our way.

. . . give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
I Thessalonians 5:18

Heavenly Father, please teach me now to have a thankful heart as I experience the effects of growing older in this world. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

2 comments:

janetxb said...

How true! I've heard the "more-so syndrome" referred to: that as people age they become as they had been, only more so.

Tanya Ann said...

I can't tell you how thrilled I am to hear your sweet voice as I read your God given words each morning. I am sooooo thrilled you did this...love you lots, t