Sunday, January 25, 2009

THE WRONG WAY


Have you ever felt like you were in the wrong place at the wrong time? Perhaps you were . . . . Let me share what happened to me once upon a time.

Spring storms swept through the Chicago area delaying flight after flight at the airport, causing bedlam. Trying to fly home from there, I knew that I faced a three hour delay, at the least.

Leaving one of the restaurants, I headed toward, what I thought, was the gate from which my plane would depart. Walking close to the wall on the right hand side of the corridor, I was repeatedly surprised as people kept bumping into me as if I were invisible. After the fifth time of being bumped, I stopped to take stock of what was happening. As I looked up at the identifying marks showing where I was, I realized that I had been heading in the opposite direction from my gate of departure. I was amazed that the Lord had used actual physical means to cause me to stop and see my error.

Even in the midst of crowds, the Lord continues to lead and guide.

…and the Lord shall guide thee continually. Isaiah 58:11

Heavenly Father, please continue to direct my steps moment by moment. Help me to be sensitive to Your directions so I don’t have to experience the bumps and bruises of life because I’m not paying attention to You. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: