Friday, January 30, 2009

WALKING IN THE LIGHT

A decision needed to be made. A meeting was to be held the next night. The weatherman clearly predicted that heavy snow would begin falling that afternoon and by evening the snow was expected to be quite deep.

With those predictions in mind, I canceled the meeting. No one needed to risk life and limb in the bone chilling winter temperatures and on slick roadways.

As the next afternoon arrived. . . and on into the evening . . . not one snowflake fell from the sky. All was clear. There could have been a meeting.

I began to second guess myself . . . should I have . . . shouldn't I have. . . .

We've all been there. We make a decision prayerfully - sometimes even a BIG decision and then the results of the decision unfold and we wonder.

Yes, although we must always be open to the Lord correcting and re-directing our steps, if we proceed on a path in the light we have been given by God, then we can walk confidently, knowing that God is in control and is guiding.

After all, we are human.

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then I shall know even as I am known." I Corinthians 13:12

Someday we will see VERY clearly. In the meantime, let's look to God who sees it ALL in perfect clarity. That's why He is the One who can direct our steps.

Heavenly Father, please give me eyes to SEE and ears to HEAR You every day, every step through the day. . . and to OBEY promptly. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments: