Monday, January 26, 2009

SAFE !


Fifty years ago babies were fed formula which had to be mixed by the parents in proper proportions as prescribed by a pediatrician. Due to a pediatrician’s error of calculation...or a nervous mother’s mistake, the formula was too powerful. The baby’s screams could be heard day after day, night after night. By the time the error was discovered, the baby was near death. Thankfully, the problem was remedied and the baby thrived. God was watching over His little one.

A few months later the mother was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery. The baby was thrown on the mercy of relatives for her care. God was watching over His little one.

While in the hospital, a mistake was made. The mother returned home, never to be the same again due to brain damage. She was just barely able to continue caring for her child. God was watching over His little one.

Through crisis after crisis in this young child’s life, it is evident that God’s hand was at work, protecting her. Certainly He does the same for each of us!

Yet Thou art He who took me from the womb; Thou didst keep me safe upon my mother’s breasts. Upon Thee was I cast from my birth and since my mother bore me thou has been my God. Psalm 22:10

Heavenly Father, thank You that no matter what my situation, past or present, You are my God. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: