Sunday, February 22, 2009

GROWING OLDER


We know what we have to say about growing older, but what does God think about it?

As we get older, the complaints seem to multiply:
My eyesight isn’t what it used to be.
My hearing isn’t as good as it once was.
My hips seem so creaky.
I can’t get down to wash the floor on my hands and knees.
Gardening is almost impossible for me.

The list goes on . . . .
What does God say about us as we get older? In Ecclesiastes 12, verses 2-8, there is a humorous (I think) description of old age. Read it through this week, but please notice the verse that precedes the description. That verse tells us what God says about aging:

Remember also your Creator in the days of your youth . . . . Ecclesiastes 12:1

If we reach the age of 80 or 90, anything less than that will seem like youth. Let’s remember God now, while we are young!

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your humor about growing older. Please help me maintain an attitude which honors You as the years pass. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: