Saturday, February 14, 2009

FOR THE CHILDREN


Approximately eight years ago, my friends Mike and Sandy Jones left their places of employment in Michigan, sold their home and moved to the Washington state area to be Directors of Child Evangelism Fellowship in Wenatchee, Washington. Their work was among the children.

After a couple of years of serving there, Sandy went home to be with the Lord. The following is a letter she dictated. For today's Reflection, I would like to honor Sandy by sharing her thoughts with you. And to ask that you pray for Mike as he continues to walk with the Lord.

Dear Friends in Christ,
Today is my day to fly home to Jesus. All these years I have taught it and now I will experience it.

I have enjoyed being here to teach the children with the story of Christ. My first thought is who in North Central Washington will have a desire to tell the children about the love of God?

Ephesians 6:10: “Be strong in the Lord…”

A Teacher’s Prayer
Give me a little child to point the way,
Over the strange sweet path that leads to Thee;
Give me the little voice to teach to pray;
Give me two shining eyes Thy face to see.
The only crown I ask, dear Lord to wear,
Is this: That I may teach a little child.
I do not ask that I may ever stand
Among the wise, the worthy, or the great-
I only ask that softly, hand in hand,
A child and I may enter at the gate.
-C.A. Fields

I have learned many things while here. I have learned to trust God no matter how hard the situation. God has shown me over and over He will take care of me.

Mike is carrying me back to Michigan where I lived all my life. He will continue on with CEF in NCW until God makes it plain he is done.

I love you,
Sandy Jones

May I ask you - is there a child in YOUR life - your own child, a grandchild, a neighbor child with whom you can softly, hand in hand, enter in at the gate?

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving lives such as Sandy's which point us, no matter how old, to Jesus. In His precious name, Amen.

No comments: