Tuesday, July 28, 2009

THUNDERING WATERS

Every evening during the summer I would bike to the newly created pond in our village park to feed the huge carp. As I would stand overlooking the pond, the only sound I could hear was the rushing of water over the rocks as it tumbled into the shallow pond in front of me.

The noise of the water rushing downward drowned out all other sounds - traffic, children at play, dogs barking, my own voice and - almost - my own thoughts. All I could hear was the water thundering.

I was reminded of the scripture in Psalm 93:4:

“Mightier than the thunders of many waters . . . the Lord on high is mighty”.

God desires to communicate with us, His people. His voice is a still small voice, yet if we listen intently, His voice actually thunders. His voice can be heard in our lives so that all other ‘noises’ are minor in comparison.

May we hear His still, small, thunderous voice daily. May we listen intently to what He is saying to us.

Heavenly Father - I thank You that You desire to communicate with me. Please help me to hear You clearly, thunderously. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: