Tuesday, July 14, 2009

WHEN YOU CALL MY NAME


On the airwaves right now is a popular song whose lyrics include, “I will arise when You call my name….” I know those words probably refer to when Jesus calls our names and we arise to live with Him forever.

What about now? When He speaks to you on a daily basis, do you arise? Do you arise to serve Him in the everyday tasks He gives?

Perhaps those everyday tasks include….
Faithfully going to your job
Spending loving time with your family
Caring kindly for your aging parents…or a newborn
Providing a good example to your children and grandchildren

And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.” Isaiah 6:8

Yes, eternally we will arise when He calls our names but let us, now, listen for Him to speak to us so we can arise NOW.

Heavenly Father, please open my ears to hear Your call . Please give me a willing heart to say, “Send me!” Then please give me joyful feet as I obey You.
In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: