Tuesday, June 30, 2009

TOO LATE?


My father had been extremely ill for weeks with complications from surgery. An infection was raging in his chest which seemed to be sapping every ounce of his strength.

My mother called me from 2000 miles away, asking that I fly to California to be with her and Dad. Needless to say, I was on the plane the next morning.

At the airport, my siblings greeted me with red and swollen eyes. I was too late. Dad had gone home to be with the Lord as I was boarding my plane earlier that morning.

My first reaction was, “I’m too late!!!”

Then I remembered that the Lord’s timing is always perfect. There is no possibility of being “too late” in His divine design. His ways are wise and, yes, sometimes past finding out - but always perfect.

My next reaction was, “It’s OK....”

As difficulties surround us and we utter, “It’s OK,” we are in actuality submitting to God’s wisdom in the situation. May we readily, especially when difficulties arise, say, “It’s OK” when needed.

Submit yourselves therefore to God . . . . James 4:7

Heavenly Father, help me submit and bow to Your ways in my life. You know what is best even when I don’t understand. It’s OK. In Jesus’ name. Amen

No comments: