Tuesday, June 23, 2009

PROPERLY DRESSED


Have you ever been invited to a special dinner? You wondered should you go casual, somewhat dressy, or formal? You fretted and actually had nightmares about the situation.

In one such nightmare, you arrived at the event without your shoes. Your shoes were at home, three hours away . . . all of the stores were closed. (See, this was a real nightmare!) There was nothing to be done about the situation. There you were in a lovely dress . . . and bare feet. How totally unacceptable you felt!

Isn’t it comforting to know that when we stand before God at the end of time, we need have no fear of our acceptability? Because of what Jesus has done for us upon the cross, we will be perfectly attired from head to toe. We will be clothed in His own goodness which assures our salvation.

I greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall exult in my God, for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness . . . . Isaiah 61:10

Heavenly Father, I thank you for taking away my fear of being unacceptable in Your sight. Thank You for what Jesus has done for me on the cross and for the garments of salvation in which I can truly rejoice - even now! In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: