Thursday, June 25, 2009

DON'T GIVE UP


When we owned sheep, we needed to constantly be on the look-out for their safely. If one of them became caught in a fence or stuck in a woodchuck hole, they would struggle until they were exhausted. If they couldn’t get themselves out of a difficult situation fast enough or if help didn’t arrive quickly enough, down would go their heads in utter defeat. They would just give up. If they weren’t found in time, death was imminent. Those creatures were so easily discouraged and defeated.

May we not be like sheep in that regard. May we, if we find ourselves in any difficult situation, cry out for help to our heavenly Father. If we find that we are truly stuck, unable to get free, may we prayerfully await God’s direction and help. Let’s never become so defeated that we bow our heads and give up. Even in the midst of the most difficult situations, let’s keep looking upward to Him who loved us enough to die for us.


But, as for me, I will look to the Lord, I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me. Micah 7:7

Look to Him and be radiant.... Psalm 34:5

Heavenly Father, please help me always to look to You. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: