Sunday, October 5, 2008

TRAINING

Sometimes something as simple as a lack of a good night’s sleep seems to throw us off the path in closely following Jesus. We become irritable, grouchy and out of sorts. Then, perhaps, we feel like the apostle Paul did in I Corinthians 9 when he states:

“. . . lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.”

I think we all wonder, at one time or another, whether we can endure to the end of time, faithful to the Lord Jesus.

The good news is that God is training us day by day (if we allow Him) so that, when difficult times arise, we are ready for them and are able to walk with Him through the difficulties, victoriously. We need to believe that He has prepared us (yes, even for the unexpected) and then . . . keep walking.

. . . you are not lacking in any spiritual gift, as you wait the revealing of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. I Corinthians 1:7-8

Heavenly Father, I thank You that, even before I was born, You made provision for me to finish well, bringing honor to You. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: