Saturday, October 4, 2008

INSTANT MESSAGING


We all know what email is. Someone sends you a message at their convenience through cyberspace. When you have time, you check your in box - maybe even a few days have passed but you receive the message. Then, at your convenience, you respond.

Instant messaging, on the other hand, is a “right now” kind of thing, full of back and forth communication, responses on both sides are immediate.

What type of relationship do you have with your Heavenly Father? Is it like regular email where he communicates with you but, at your convenience, you respond? Or is your communication with God a “now” kind of communication like instant messaging - God sends you a message, you receive it immediately and respond immediately. I think instant messaging with the Father is the type of communication He enjoys and prefers!

O God, Thou art my God, I seek Thee, my soul thirsts for Thee; my flesh faints for Thee, as in a dry and weary land where no water is. Psalm 63:1

Heavenly Father, I thank You that You desire to communicate with me, a mere human being. Please turn my ears “on” so that I hear and immediately respond to You. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: