Tuesday, October 28, 2008

GOD'S FULL TIME JOB

Have you ever felt like you were God’s full-time job? As you prayed and stormed the gates of heaven with your pleas for help during a certain season of your life, did you wonder when He had any time left over to care for those in Ecuador or those in your neighborhood - not to mention the rest of the world?

Yes, sometimes we seem to cry out to God day and night for His help. And that's OK. He wants us to turn to Him for help, constantly if need be. If our health is in crisis - we can go to Him. When our children need His help - we can go to Him. If our marriage needs strengthening - we can go to Him. Is our neighbor having trouble? - we can go to Him. When our co-worker is faltering - we can go to Him.

God, somehow, in His all-powerful majesty makes time to hear and respond to each cry for help. In fact, He loves it when we go to Him just to be in His presence. He loves His full-time job, don’t you think?

Listen to just some of what God does for each of us in Psalm 103:3-5:

Praise the Lord, I tell myself and never forget the good things He does for me.
He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.
He ransoms me from death and surrounds me with love and tender mercies.
He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagles.

Heavenly Father, I thank You that I am Your full-time job. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: