Monday, February 1, 2010

CALL FOR HELP


Have you ever found yourself overwhelmed by the problems in your life? Of course you have. We all have at one time or another.

Sometimes there seem to be so many problems, it feels like we are drowning in them. At home there are problems. At work there are problems. In those you love, problems. In yourself, problems. Being in the middle of the swirling , rising muddy waters of problems is a dangerous place to be. How ever do you get free from it all?

It may be time to call for help. Maybe help should have been called upon before this
. . . long before this. But now you know that it is time and it is as easy as yelling (out loud or quietly in your heart is good) with all your might,
“Help, Heavenly Father, I need Your help.”

If you lack words of your own to call for help, try these:

“Save me, O God, For the waters have come up to my neck. I sink in deep mire, where there is no foothold; I have come into deep waters, and the flood sweeps over me.”
Psalm 69:1-3

I love this part - now listen to what happens:

“In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help.
From His temple He heard my voice, and my cry to Him reached His ears.

THEN the earth reeled and rocked;
the foundations also of the mountains trembled and quaked….
Smoke went up from his nostrils, and devouring fire from His mouth;
glowing coals flamed forth from Him.
He bowed the heavens, and came down;
thick darkness was under His feet.
He rode on a cherub, and flew;
He came swiftly upon the wings of the wind….
He reached from on high, He took me,
He drew me out of many waters. Portions of Psalm 18

THAT is what happens when we call upon God for help. All of the power of heaven is sent.

God’s joy is to hear our voices requesting His help. Our part is to cling to Him with all of our might and cooperate with Him one step at a time until we are free!

Heavenly Father, HELP! If I don’t seem to need help right now, I know that I will in the future so I am asking for it right now and ahead of time. Please HELP me all of my days and nights until I am safely Home with You. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: