Monday, July 5, 2010

LOSING HIM IN A CROWD


Do you remember when you were little and your parents would take you into a store to go shopping? Do you remember that when there was a crush of people, you held on to their hand, stayed close and cried out if you and your parent became separated?

For most of us, our lives are a crush of busy-ness and people. We need to be very careful not to lose God in the crowd.

Sure, the things we do are important as are the people in our lives. But we must be careful not to lose sight of God…nor to let go of God.

If we sense something or someone has come between us and God, cry out to Him. He will hear. He will answer.

In my distress I called upon the Lord
To my God I cried for help.
From His temple He heard my voice
And my cry to Him reached His ears.

He reached from on high, He took me,
He delivered me from my strong enemy,
And from those who hated me;
For they were too mighty for me.
They came upon me in the day of my calamity;
But the Lord was my stay.
He brought me forth into a broad place,
He delivered me, because He delighted in me.
Psalm 18:6, 16-19

Thank You, Heavenly Father, for drawing near every time I cry out to you. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

No comments: