Monday, May 3, 2010

THE EXCHANGED LIFE


Do you like your life and what it includes right now? Do you like who you have become at this point in your life?

Think about it.

There is Someone who is willing to exchange your life for His, if you so choose. No matter how good or bad your life seems right now, would it be a relief to pour it all out - every bit of it - to the God who created you and knows you better than you know yourself?

Then - since that leaves you empty of yourself, wouldn’t it be wise to ask God to fill you up with Himself - all of His holiness, loving attributes, kindness - all that He is, now becoming a part of you?

Wouldn’t we be better off to live an exchanged life - daily? God has so much more envisioned for us than we can even imagine. But it is only by living an exchanged life that we can even touch upon it and capture His vision of His life within and lived out through us.

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. Galatians 2:20

Heavenly Father, I come to you to exchange this life for Your life. I empty myself of the life I have now and surrender it to You. Please fill me with Your life to overflowing. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment:

janetxb said...

Yes, yes, yes! And I need to exchange it daily.