Sunday, February 1, 2015

GOD'S HELP

  

                                                                

                                                                   GOD'S HELP

                                  I cry to You for help for my heart is overwhelmed.  Psalm 61:2

                                                                O God, be not far from me;
                                           Oh my God,  make haste to help  me.  Psalm 71:12

Have you ever struggled, kicked, screamed and struggled some more?  Maybe it was a physical problem, an emotional problem, a family problem, an on-the-job problem that you were tackling with all your might.  Yet, the problem did not get better, all it did was wear you out. 

Recently I suffered from a gum infection.  I know that my body is designed by the Creator to call the white blood cells to fight infections and to heal.  I waited, rested, ate well, kept  hydrated, kept going to work, doing my daily tasks.    This particular infection, however, would NOT go away.  The battle was wearing me out.  My entire body could feel the toxins spreading.  Finally, I gave up.  A call to the dentist resulted in some help in the form of an antibiotic (which I never like to take unless nothing else works).  Within hours, my body felt at rest.  Help was finally here.  I didn't have to exert so much energy just to move and breathe.   A power greater than myself was fighting the battle.

God - a very present help in time of need.  That is who He loves to be.  When we call upon Him, He answers as only He can in His unique, mighty way.

Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and He delivered them from their distress.  

                                                                                                                              Psalm 107:  3, 19, 28

I don't know about you,  but I'm so thankful that I can cry out to the Lord  and help is always readily available.

Heavenly Father, when I cry out to You for help, thank You that  I can hear you saying, " When you call to Me, I will answer you, I will be with you in trouble, I will rescue you.  Psalm 91:15.  Thank You for Your help!  In Jesus' name.  Amen.

No comments: