Monday, July 1, 2013

NO TOXINS


In January, the dentist informed me that a molar needed to be removed. I decided to wait until I had some vacation days to have it taken care of….six months later….in June. As February turned to March, I noticed that my joints ached from head to toe. Not one prone to headaches, I noticed one appearing daily. It was painful to bite down to chew food. Even drinking water was painful.

After wondering what was wrong, suddenly I realized that it was the tooth which was causing problems. As realization struck, I immediately called the dentist's office. Within days I was scheduled to have the tooth removed. Gone was the tooth. Gone were the aches, pains and headache. Renewed energy surged. All I could do was to thank God for showing me what was so toxic to me…and giving me the courage to do something about it.

What a good lesson this is for me. Do you, like me, tend to ignore dealing with a toxic problem or person? Instead of ignoring a toxin, I was seeing how important it is to take it to God in prayer for His wisdom in dealing with the situation.

Sometimes we are to follow Jesus' teaching by turning the other cheek:

You have heard it said, 'An eye for an eye or a tooth for a tooth.' But I say to you, do not resist one who is evil. But if any one strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also, and if any one sues you and takes your coat, let him have your cloak as well; and if any one forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Matthew 5:38-41


At other times we are to follow the behavior He modeled for us:

Jumping up, they mobbed Him (Jesus) and took Him to the edge of the hill on which the city was built. They intended to push Him over the cliff, but He slipped away through the crowd and left them. Luke 4:29-30

In your life, is there something or someone causing you pain? If so, recognize the source and ask God to give you wisdom in how to walk with Him through the situation. He will show you!

Heavenly Father, please show me clearly what to do or not do in the situations and with the people in my life. In Jesus' name. Amen.

'Reflections of God's Glory' copyright by Dawn Ulmer deu49097@yahoo.com

No comments: