LIFE AS YOU ENVISIONED IT?
Is your life as you envisioned it?
Did you envision life full of bright and sunny days but now life is not quite as sunny?
- you are caring for elderly parents and it's not easy
- the economic downturn resulted in the loss of your job
- your children are causing you heartache
- your health and energy level are not as you'd like them to be
- your job is tough and filled with stress and uncertainty
- you are concerned for your grandchildren
- there isn't enough money to meet your expenses month after month
- your house needs repair as your appliances give out and your vehicle needs attention, too.
Think about Mary, Jesus' mother. Her life didn't exactly turn out as she expected, either. She envisioned marrying that nice young man and having a family, safe in her own village. Instead she was single and pregnant until that nice young man heard from God and agreed to marry her. She had to travel uncomfortably and give birth in a place which was not of her choosing Throughout her life situations occurred, including the death of her Son, which could have caused her to exclaim that her life was not as she had envisioned it.
How about you? Do you find yourself crying out to God, "This is NOT what I envisioned my life to be!"
Yet, if we have surrendered and given our lives to God and He is at work in us, as we look at our lives we, with Mary, can also exclaim:
"I am the Lord's servant, and I am willing to accept whatever He wants." Luke 1:38
If our lives are not as we envisioned them, yet if we have committed ourselves to God, surely we can trust His vision for our lives and we can say:
"May everything You have said come true." Luke 138
We can trust Him with our very lives!
'Reflections of God's Glory' copyright 2010 by Dawn Ulmer firstname.lastname@example.org