Monday, February 7, 2011

SOLID GROUND PRAISE

He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. Psalm 40:2

Have you ever felt the earth quaking beneath your feet? Maybe the unsettled ground wasn't from one of those famous California earthquakes, maybe it was just your life.

Perhaps you have a new baby in your house (or triplets) and you have forgotten what sleep is. Or you are in search of a job and cannot find one, the earth feeling VERY unsteady beneath your feet. Or you are caring for aging parents so all of life seems disrupted by the constant running. Or a new job has begun and the learning curve seems like a huge mountain to scale. Or . . . you fill in the blanks for what is presently going on in YOUR life.

If the earth seems to be quaking beneath you, set your gaze upon God who breathes His life within you. As you walk (don't just stand still, but walk), He will steady you. We can rely on God who promises to be a very present help in time of need.

What does the rest of the verse say? Not only are we steadied as we walk along but: "He has given me a new song to sing." Psalm 40:3 I would love to hear the words He is giving you!

Heavenly Father, thank You that You know the path I am on right now. Please keep me moving steadily onward toward You. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments: